cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connecting 2 blocks with C3.0
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:14:10 GMT
On 10/02/2013 22:59, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> Hello Francesco,
>
> I noticed from the read me file in the project you created as an example:
>

>      IMPORTANT: be sure to use the latest Cocoon 3 SNAPSHOT artifacts
> from ASF repository
>

> Does this mean that block communication is not supported in 3.0.0-beta-1 ??

Still supported, but deprecated. There is a way to re-enabled it, but it
not performed by default.

> I am getting this error with the pom generated by cocoon archetype.
>
> 2013-02-09 17:27:28.070::WARN:  Failed startup of context
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@c50e46{/,/home/mansour/workspace/flamenco/pipelines/channel-website/target/rcl/webapp}
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke listener
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener@19e681c
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.invoke(ReloadingListener.java:298)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.contextInitialized(ReloadingListener.java:150)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:540)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:135)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1220)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:510)
>
> I will look deeper into this error, but I am very interested in
> knowing if "block communication" is not supported except in the
> snapshot.

The "block communication" is fully supported in 3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT
but not enabled via the "blockcontext:/" protocol.
This is the reason why I have published my sample project [1], e.g. to
show how to achieve block communication *without* blockcontext:

As you have requested in another e-mail of this thread, I will also
update [1] with another block's pipeline invocation. I'll keep you updated.

Consider that there is still the possibility to use blockcontext:
protocol in 3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT, even though you will need to make
some modifications on the project generated via archetype. I will add
this to the page for COCOON3-119 [3].

FYI, You can read through COCOON3-105 if you want to understand more the
reasons behind this switch.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/ilgrosso/cocoon3EmptyProject/tree/COCOON3-105
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-105