cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Eduard Tibet <eduard.ti...@i-free.com>
Subject Cocoon maven artifacts versions in repo concerns FOP
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:33:59 GMT
Hello!

Some offtopic, but I suggest this info can be useful for others. We build our application
based on Apache Cocoon 2.2. We also use Apache FOP version 1.1 and have our own block for
it. Unfortunately there are some inconsistence in maven dependencies from FOP-Cocoon point
of view.

Cocoon:
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:2.2.0 > org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-impl
(and here is only 4.3.1 in repo).

Our block depend on:
org.apache.xmlgraphics:fop:1.1 BUT it depends on org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-impl:4.2.0
. Here [1] is the thread in fop-usr mailing list with some info, why it is so.

So the questions are:
1. Is it possible (of course, locally) to include the "old" 4.2.0 lib in Apache Cocoon with
the same exclusion of 4.3.1? What does it mean for Cocoon stability|issues?
2. Do you know any elegant way to include fop 1.1 lib in Cocoon within current pom content?

[1]: http://www.mail-archive.com/fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org/msg18975.html

Thank you!

P.S. I suggest the same (or better to say "reverse") situation happens with batik libs (1.6.1
in Cocoon 2.2 and 1.7 in FOP 1.1)

--
Best regards
 Eduard Tibet