cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk>
Subject Binding Encoding with CForms/Dojo
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:14:19 GMT
C2.1.11

I have built a CForm application with a multilevel level recursive form based on:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/cocoon21/samples/blocks/forms/do-taskTree.flow

I am having problems getting it to work with UTF-8. http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html
states:

    "If you use CForms with ajax enabled, Cocoon will make use of dojo.io.bind() under the
hood,
    which creates XMLHttpRequests that POST the form data to the server. Here Dojo decides
the
    encoding by default, which does not match the browser's behaviour of using the charset
defined
    in the META tag. But you can easily tell Dojo which formatting to use for all dojo.io.bind()
    calls, just include that in the top of your HTML pages, before dojo.js is included:

    <script>djConfig = { bindEncoding: "utf-8" };</script>

    You might already have other djConfig options, then simply add the bindEncoding property
to the
    hash map."

When I put the script in the template.xml, UTF-8 encoding works, However the form's recursion
stops
working.

I tried putting the script in forms-samples-styling.xsl which has no effect, presumably its
too late
in the pipeline.

I assume that the application uses other djConfig options as the final html includes:

    <script  type="text/javascript">
           var djConfig = {};
            djConfig.isDebug = true;
           djConfig.locale = "en-GB";
           var cocoon;
           if (!cocoon)
             cocoon = {};
           cocoon.resourcesUri = "/_cocoon/resources";
      </script>

Help please:

      * How do I add the bindEncoding property to the hash map
      * or otherwise get UTF-8 encoding working

Peter