cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Encouraging more volunteers
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:54:58 GMT

You mean http://cocoon.apache.org/1273_1_1.html

> leads to a page topped by this:
>
>   How to contribute?
>   Code
>
>   TBD
> If someone could find a few minutes to fill this in, I think it would remove some friction.

Definitely: what if we "grab"
http://openjpa.apache.org/get-involved.html from OpenJPA? It seems very
nice to me.

> Further down that page:
>
>   General documentation
>
>   These instructions only work if you have an active account in our
>   Daisy CMS and got the doc editor role assigned. If you haven't, create
>   your account at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/registration and
>   ask at dev[_at_]cocoon.apache.org for editing rights.
>
> The link returns 404.
>
> Still further down, there is a link to Cocoon Site Overview.  That link also returns
404.

Daisy is not used anymore for managing the website(s),  but some
references are still around: thanks for reporting, I am going to remove
such elements.

We currently manage the website(s) via the maven site plugin (site
sources are at [1] [2]): the major drawback is that you need to be
committer to contribute documentation; the advantage is that you can
always open an issue on JIRA [3] [4] and attach a patch :-)

Anyway, I've opened [5] for fixing the stuff reported in this e-mail.

Regards.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/site
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/src/site
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON