cocoon-users mailing list archives

From André Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject [C3] Sting template, passing argument to method
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 06:53:10 GMT
Hello,

I am dealing with the following problem. A REST resource returns an
(DTO) object called statistics (of type Statistics) holding various
properties. With string template, each property can be inserted into an
XML file, like

<A>$statistics.propertyA$</A>

where the corresponding method on the Statistics object is getPropertyA().

One of the properties requires an argument of type String, where the
actual method signature is getNumberFor(String name). It returns an int.
The name is obtained from a list of names obtained from the statistics
objects as well. The idea is to iterate through the list of names and
return a number (int) for each name.

Thus, the XML code that I try to complete looks like:
<socials>
   $statistics.names: { name |
     <social>
       <name>$name$</name>
       <number>$statistics.numberFor(name)$</tribc:number>
     </social>
   }$
</socials>

The Statistics object holds among other things a Map<String, Integer>
with the requested numbers.

The line $statistics.numberFor(name)$ is however erroneous. I cannot
pass the current value of name to the method in question.

My question is now: How to pass a argument to a given method on an
object using string template. The string template website did not give a
clear answer, so maybe it is not even possible, or maybe I just
completely overlooked it.

Any help is appreciated.