cocoon-users mailing list archives

From whatnext <tom_gra...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: beginner q: possible to set extension .xsl as type='xslt' by default?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:42:18 GMT

Hi Jos:

Thanks for your help. I didn't really change the sitemap.xmap that was
generated from the instructions mentioned, but here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.
-->
<map:sitemap xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/sitemap/cocoon-si$
 xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

  <!--+
      | Definition of the control flow implementation.
      +-->
  <map:flow language="javascript"/>

  <map:pipelines>
    <!--+
        | Demo pipelines
        +-->
    <map:pipeline id="demo">
      <!-- Simple demo, that show how Cocoon pipelines. -->
      <map:match pattern="">
        <!--+
            | Start generating SAX events inside the pipeline. In this case,
            | since no "type" attribute is specified, the default generator
            | is used and this is a regular XML parser that reads the
            | given file from the URL included in the "src" attribute and
            | sends the events produced by the parser down the pipeline to
            | be processed by the next stage.
            +-->
        <map:generate src="vbtn-test/index.xml" />
        <!--+
            | This transformer gets the input SAX events and transforms them
            | using the default transformer (the XSLT transformer) thus
            | applying the XSLT stylesheet indicated in the "src" attribute
            | and sending the output down the pipeline to be processed by
the
            | next stage.
            +-->
        <map:transform src="vbtn-test/standard.xsl" type="xslt" />
        <!--+
            | The serializer concludes the SAX events journey into the
pipeline
            | since it serializes the events it receives into a
representation
            | depending on the serializer type. Here we choose the "XHMTL"
            | serializer, which will produce an XHTML representation of the
            | SAX stream.
            +-->
       <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
      </map:match>
      <!-- Implement application logic using a Flowscript function.
        Flowscripts in ./flow are loaded automatically in alphabetical
order. -->
      <map:match pattern="spring-bean">
        <map:call function="demo"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
    <map:pipeline id="demo-internal" internal-only="true">
      <!-- This pipeline is invoked by the above flowscript. -->
      <map:match pattern="screens/spring-bean">
        <map:generate src="demo/spring-bean.jx.xml" type="jx"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <!--+
        | Default pipelines
        +-->
    <map:pipeline id="internal-resource" internal-only="true">
      <!-- Put matchers for internal (accessible only to Cocoon blocks)
resources here
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
      <map:match pattern="resource/internal/**">
        <map:read src="resource/internal/{1}"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline id="external-resource">
      <!-- Put matchers for external (accessible to the outside world, e.g.
browser) resources here.
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
      <map:match pattern="resource/external/**">
        <map:read src="resource/external/{1}"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline id="service">
      <!-- Put your servlet service matchers here.
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

Warrell: I don't think there was a <map:transformers default="xslt"> at all.
I tried adding one but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Our .xsl files have e.g.

        <xsl:include href="../sidebars/sidebarBuilder.xsl"/>
        <xsl:include href="../functions/display_fns.xsl"/>
        <xsl:include href="../functions/display_fns_new.xsl"/>
        <xsl:include href="mobile.xsl"/>

Is this what you mean by chaining? I would imagine you mean don't transform
the transform which I think is not the same thing?

Tom