cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mount named blocks inconvenience
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 10:43:19 GMT
On 10/05/2012 13:05, Jos Snellings wrote:
> Dear cocooners,
>
> Problem:
> 1. In the definition of a named block, for:
> <servlet:context mount-path="/foo" context-path="blockcontext:/foo/"/>
>
> This tells the cocoon servlet that a block "foo" is mounted on "foo"
> in the webapp.
>
> 2. sitemap.xmap
>   An empty matcher like in the cocoon sample:
> <map:match pattern="">
> <map:read src="welcome.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> 3. call
>     localhost/mywebapp/foo
>
>    or, the root of the block. (it is configured correctly, all the
> rest works).
>
> EVENT:  exception:
>
> For named blocks
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
> 0 at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:687) at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.node.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:89)
>
> Without having it investigated in extenso, it seems that when blocks
> are named, so not mounted as 'root block', that there is a problem with
> <excerpt>
> String testValue = resolvedValue == null
>                 ? null : resolvedValue.toString();
>         if (testValue == null) {
>             testValue = invocation.getRequestURI();
>             if (testValue.charAt(0) == '/') {
>                 testValue = testValue.substring(1);
>             }
>         }
> </excerpt>
> The value is null.
>
> By the way,
> localhost/mywebapp/foo/
> nicely produces the expected welcome page.
>
> Anyone knows this problem?

I've seen this since my first experiments with Cocoon 2.0 (and I am sure
that if you search archives you would also get some better reply than
this...): basically,

http://localhost/mywebapp/foo

and

http://localhost/mywebapp/foo/

are two different HTTP resources; the root of matching for a given block
(i.e. "<map:match pattern="">) will always get not more than "foo/".

If you want to match http://localhost/mywebapp/foo, I think you'll have
to mount something at root (say a 'bar' block)

<servlet:context mount-path="" context-path="blockcontext:/bar"/>

then inside this bar block have

<map:match pattern="foo">

I hope all this is "formally" correct: if not, it's the way I've been
following so far ;-)
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò