cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alberto <abros...@ogs.trieste.it>
Subject Re: Forms and maps
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:49:37 GMT
On 04/13/2012 07:18 PM, Mika M Lehtonen wrote:
> Interesting,
> I am also integrating maps into sites produced with Cocoon 2.1x. I
> have no answer to you but maybe we could collaborate on this issue?
> OpenLayers widget would be something!

Just some considerations.
I like very much cocoon, its philosophy, and the way to produce
application with it and especially with forms. But we must remain
realistic: in the last years the pace of the develop of cocoon is slow
and the next release will be something different. For example, the
integration with Wicket seems to be the sign that forms will not be more
developed.
Due to the fact that I don't know how to develop a new widget for
cocoon, I was waiting for some clue or suggest to evaluate the effort
needed.
Unfortunately I have not received any answer so I'm considering to
invest my time in another framework (Wicket) that can solve this kind
problem and has a future more outlined.

Ciao

Alberto