cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:09:28 GMT
In the root of your project folder you will see a rcl.properties file looking sth like this:

#com.nxp.spider2.shared.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

Just comment it out and this will tell the reloading classloader to reload files from the
target/classes folder.

Robby

From: Lars Huttar [mailto:lars_huttar@sil.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:04 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Cc: Francesco Chicchiriccò
Subject: Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]

As so often happens, asking for help generated some further thoughts and I was able to get
things working better.

Although I had added a COB-INF/sitemap.xmap to src in my block (e-17-pub/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap),
I noticed that the target (e-17-pub/target/classes) did not have COB-INF/sitemap.xmap.

I quit jetty, and ran "mvn jetty:run" again -- and now the test sitemap works.

So apparently the problem was that my changes in the src tree were unnoticed.

The next question is, what is the best-practice way to develop? I don't think the intention
is that every time I make a change, I'm supposed to stop and restart jetty in order to see
my changes.

Maybe I misunderstood this paragraph from Francesco:

Coming to you question above: when developing, you only need your block - i.e. "mysite". Since
cocoon blocks feature the reloading plugin, just launch your block with "mvn jetty:run" and
start playing with mysite/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap. All your changes will be
immediately available.

Does this mean immediately after I restart jetty? Or immediately after I make changes? If
the latter, what am I doing wrong, that I don't see this happening?

Thanks again!

Lars