cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:10:36 GMT
Hi Lars, I'm pretty sure you're almost there.

Just out of curiosity. What is the use case you will be using Cocoon for?   I'm myself still
pretty new to C3 as well but I'm up for doing a bit of paired programming ;-)  If you are
able to define a small use case including requirements I'm willing to check how you could
accomplish this using C3.  Would be a nice exercise for myself as well.

Robby

From: Lars Huttar [mailto:lars_huttar@sil.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:05 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Cc: Robby Pelssers
Subject: Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]

On 3/21/2012 4:03 AM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
Hi Lars,

Can you explain what is the difference between mysite and mywebapp?

OK, I think I understand now. From Francesco's email today [1], I understand that mysite (a
Cocoon block) is where I do actual development -- such blocks are where the action happens;
whereas mywebapp is there for the purpose of packaging the blocks for external deployment: