cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: pipeline in flowscript
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:39:10 GMT
Hi Mika,

I can reassure you that this is possible. Most use cases have a static form definition and
you can bind data from your database to the widgets declared in this form definition.  Hack,
you can even use repeaters to get some dynamic behavior or even create form definitions on
the fly but those are more exotic use cases.

Just one question though.  You only recently started to experiment with C2.11.  Any reason
why you don't switch to C2.2 or C3?

Back to your question:
>From flowscript you can access your Java components responsible for retrieving data from
the database. Next you can use the Cocoon forms api to dynamically populate your widgets with
values. This also works vice versa where on a form submit you intercept the widget values
and save them back.

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Mika M Lehtonen [mailto:mika@digikartta.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:32 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: pipeline in flowscript

Hi list,
I started to experiment with the Cocoon 2.11 after a long while. I did
some adjustment on the registration example.

I added this to the samples/blocks/forms/ sitemap:
<map:match pattern="registration.mika">
<map:generate src="forms/registration2.xml"/>
<map:serialize/>
</map:match>
and this modification to the registration.js
var form = new Form("registration.mika");

This is not working. Obviously this is trying to fetch a file with that
name.
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/forms/registration.mika (No
such file or directory)

How can I make this work with the pipelines?

I am trying to create forms based on data in database, anyway that is
the ultimate goal. I found some examples how to use pipelines in flow
script, but I haven't been able to get them work.

cheers,
- mika -