cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika M Lehtonen <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject data binding
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:50:56 GMT
Hi,
what is the right and the proper way of inserting  form data to database
table (PostgreSQL)?
What makes this more "interesting" is that instead of horizontal data in
table, the data is stored in a vertical manner because of the highly
dynamic nature of the application and the relation model. That is, my
forms are created dynamically based on data in database. In the same
way, the values shoud be stored vertically, because the the table
structure would otherwise have to vary based on form types and
eventually I would have hundreds of different tables.

I have done some testing with XSP and ESQL in order to retrieve my
forms. That works fine, although if I have understood right, XSPs'
aren't recommended to use, am I right?

But now I would have to insert form values to another table vertically
(different columns for different datatypes). How should I approahce the
challenge? Any thoughts?

Sorry if I am asking entirely obvious questions. I don't have such a
long experience with the Cocoon. Testing things now with the 2.11 and am
going to shift to 2.2, even 3.0 some day later or sooner. Also coming
more from .NET side.. forgive me..

- mika -