cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:31:53 GMT
On 3/23/2012 7:33 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 22/03/2012 17:03, Lars Huttar wrote:
>> As so often happens, asking for help generated some further thoughts
>> and I was able to get things working better.
>>
>> Although I had added a COB-INF/sitemap.xmap to src in my block
>> (e-17-pub/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap), I noticed that
>> the target (e-17-pub/target/classes) did not have COB-INF/sitemap.xmap.
>>
>> I quit jetty, and ran "mvn jetty:run" again -- and now the test
>> sitemap works.
>>
>> So apparently the problem was that my changes in the src tree were
>> unnoticed.
>
> Hi Lars,
> I was finally able to understand your issue and I should also have
> hopefully fixed :)
>
> When developing a block, you will usually empower class reloading AND
> sitemap reloading: default configuration shipped in
> cocoon-archetype-block (hence in your mysite) was missing this latter
> feature.
> I have just committed a fix for this, so in the future such situations
> will be avoided.

I tried deleting and regenerating the parent, block, and webapp from
scratch using the usual instructions.
Unfortunately, changes to the mysite src sitemap.xmap did not take
effect until I restarted jetty.
So I don't think we're quite to the point where such situations will be
avoided in the future.

> Anyway, all that you have to do for your project is to download [1]
> add under mysite/rcl-config/WEB-INF: this file will enable - via
> cocoon-spring-configurator - some features including sitemap reloading.

After I did this and restarted Jetty, my changes to the mysite src
sitemap.xmap started showing up immediately (without restarting jetty
each time).

Thanks,
Lars