cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:03:43 GMT
As so often happens, asking for help generated some further thoughts and
I was able to get things working better.

Although I had added a COB-INF/sitemap.xmap to src in my block
(e-17-pub/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap), I noticed that the
target (e-17-pub/target/classes) did not have COB-INF/sitemap.xmap.

I quit jetty, and ran "mvn jetty:run" again -- and now the test sitemap
works.

So apparently the problem was that my changes in the src tree were
unnoticed.

The next question is, what is the best-practice way to develop? I don't
think the intention is that every time I make a change, I'm supposed to
stop and restart jetty in order to see my changes.

Maybe I misunderstood this paragraph from Francesco:

> Coming to you question above: when developing, you only need your
> block - i.e. "mysite". Since cocoon blocks feature the reloading
> plugin, just launch your block with "mvn jetty:run" and start playing
> with mysite/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap. All your changes
> will be immediately available.

Does this mean immediately after I restart jetty? Or immediately after I
make changes? If the latter, what am I doing wrong, that I don't see
this happening?

Thanks again!

Lars

On 3/22/2012 10:54 AM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> Francesco,
> Thanks for your patience. I feel like I'm very close, but I apparently
> still don't have some of the concept understood correctly, because
> things are not working for me.
[snip]