cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:26:47 GMT
Hi Robby,

We have about 12-14 production intranet web "apps" (as we call them --
not in the maven or C3 sense of "webapp"), which are all running under a
single instance of Cocoon 2.1.11 under Tomcat 7.
Most of them access a SQL Server database on the back end; some also
access a remote Oracle db.
Some of the "apps" call each other (using "cocoon:/" or "cocoon://"
URLs) so as to aggregate, filter, or process each other's results.
Sometimes they use the SourceWritingTransformer to write their results
to files in a data folder that is shared by multiple "apps". Not
uncommonly we use CInclude to dynamically determine what Cocoon
pipelines to invoke. Sometimes we use ValidationTransformer to validate
XML according to schemas (DTD, RNG).
Mostly though they just use standard XML pipelines, grabbing data from a
relational database (using XSP pages or SQL Transformer), then using
XSLT to transform it (sometimes in several successive transformations)
to XML or HTML.

I'm not sure what other requirements to write about.

My guess at this point is that each of our "apps" could be modeled as a
Cocoon 3 block, corresponding to "mysite" in Francesco's instructions.
Can Cocoon 3 blocks call each other by URL from their sitemaps?

Regards,
Lars