cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:35:37 GMT
On 3/8/2012 3:49 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

> C) If you want to develop a complete C3 web application
>
> You need to generate a multimodule maven project [2] with the
> following structure:
>
> myparent/
>     mysite/
>     mywebapp/
>
> Basically, you will need this when either having multiple blocks on a
> single webapp or when you want to deploy on an external web container
> (say Tomcat).

In the context of these instructions, which now produce for me a working
webapp shell,
where do I start developing my web application?
I expected that I could start putting sitemap.xmap, welcome.html, and
other files in
    mywebapp/src/main/resources/COB-INF

I do this; and when I run
     cd thewebapp
     mvn jetty:run
My new sitemap etc. get copied to
    mywebapp/target/classes/COB-INF
as expected.

But when I try to address any URLs in my new sitemap, e.g.
"localhost:8890/test.html", Cocoon tells me (in
mywebapp\target\work\cocoon.log) that there is no matching pipeline. But
it *does* match pipelines in the mysite sitemap
(mysite\src\main\resource\COB-INF).

So then my question is, if I'm running jetty in the mywebapp folder, why
is it serving URLs from the mysite artifact's sitemap? Maybe that's by
design, that the mysite sitemap is sort of like a Cocoon 2.1 top-level
sitemap, which would "mount" the sitemaps of the various webapps?
So I should put something like the following in
mysite/src/main/resources/COB-INF:
<map:match pattern="mywebapp/**">
<map:mount check-reload="yes" src="../../../../mywebapp/"
uri-prefix="mywebapp" />
</map:match>

Then I create my webapp's sitemap in
mywebapp/src/main/resources/COB-INF/ and start filling it with match
patterns? And I call them in the browser using a URL like
"http://localhost:8890/mywebapp/foo"?

Thanks,
Lars