cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Working with archetypes [Was Re: parent of parent artifact?]
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:07:30 GMT
On 16/03/2012 18:03, Lars Huttar wrote:
> [...]
> I just started again from scratch, adding -U to each of the mvn
> commands to force update.
> But had a similar error:
>> [...]
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project theWebapp: Could not
>> resolve dependenc
>> ies for project org.sil:theWebapp:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
>> artifact org.
>> sil:theSite:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT in maven2-repository.java.net
>> (http://download.java
>> .net/maven/2/) -> [Help 1]
>
> It says it's trying to download URLs from the public web that have my
> groupId and artifactId in the name, like
>
> http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/sil/theSite/1.0-SNAPSHOT/theSite-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
> No wonder it's failing. But how to fix it? Do I have to use the
> provided groupId and artifactId??

Lars,
please check my updated instructions of a few minutes ago: I have
realized that there was an error too late, sorry: as indicated there,
replace

mvn clean package

with

mvn clean install

In this way maven will find "org.sil:theSite:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT" in your
local repository and will not try to download it from remote.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/