cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: pipeline in flowscript
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:00:19 GMT
On 03/14/2012 07:31 PM, Mika M Lehtonen wrote:
> Hi list,
> I started to experiment with the Cocoon 2.11 after a long while. I did
> some adjustment on the registration example.
>
> I added this to the samples/blocks/forms/ sitemap:

Did you to say here that this particular sitemap is a subdirectory
called "forms"...

> <map:match pattern="registration.mika">
> <map:generate src="forms/registration2.xml"/>

if yes, then this probably would try to load a file in
forms/registration2.xml, that is subdirectory of forms, thus
forms/forms/registration2.xml in the block context.

> <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
> and this modification to the registration.js
> var form = new Form("registration.mika");
>
> This is not working. Obviously this is trying to fetch a file with that
> name.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/blocks/forms/registration.mika (No
> such file or directory)
>
> How can I make this work with the pipelines?
>
> I am trying to create forms based on data in database, anyway that is
> the ultimate goal. I found some examples how to use pipelines in flow
> script, but I haven't been able to get them work.

An alternative is to send the form data back to the client, and let the
client create the form, instead of creating the form plus form data by
the server. See for instance the dojotoolkit (do not use the one
included in cocoon, nor required at all).