cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic forms and definitions
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:01:56 GMT
On 03/08/2012 10:31 PM, Mika M Lehtonen wrote:
> Hi list,
> I am looking for a framework for the project where I should implement
> a web feedback system for the local citizens. There will be a lot of
> different type of feedbacks with different kind of form types (and maps).
> Long story short, is Cocoon the framework I am looking for?
>
> If it is, I would prefer on staying on 2.11 for starters, because I am
> aware of the steep learning curve of the later versions. With 2.11
> I've done something few years ago.

Actually even if c3 is ATM still BETA I personally recommend to use c3.
Not all goodies are migrated yet but the overall handling has really
lowered the barrier to get productive with cocoon. Instead of
understanding avalon you can use your spring knowledge and the sitemap
works the same. However the new power is that you can now create
pipelines in java and we have an outstanding REST service support.

> Any example of dynamic forms and especially dynamic form definitions,
> perhaps database driven forms and form types?

I guess, if you are looking for nearly no coding:
http://clinker.klicap.es/projects/opina is the perfect fit for you. You
can write in english in their support forum but knowing spanish
definitely helps. ;)

demo: http://clinker.klicap.es/projects/opina/wiki/OpinaDemo

HTH

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/