cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject parent of parent artifact?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 16:03:45 GMT
Hi all,

Again, I'm following the directions at
http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/download.html to create a new Cocoon 3 web
application.
I've created a Cocoon block for samples, an empty block, an empty Java
web app project (which depends on the cocoon block), and a parent module.

Next, I "cd" to the empty web app (cocoon-archetype-webapp) and run "mvn
jetty:run".
But I get this error:

[ERROR]     Invalid packaging for parent POM
org.apache.cocoon.archetype-parent:
cocoon-archetype-parent:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Program Files\Apache
Software
Foundation\c3\cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml), must be "pom" but is
"jar" @ org
.apache.cocoon.archetype-parent:cocoon-archetype-parent:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT,
:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\c3\cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml

So I look at cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml's <parent> element, and it
has the following:

<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon.parent</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-parent</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<relativePath>../parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

There is no folder at ../parent, so it's not surprising that this is
throwing an error. But the 'must be "pom" but is "jar"' message is
misleading, if I'm correct about the cause of the problem.

My question then is, what's the fix?
I don't know of any reason why this parent module needs to have a
parent. But then I don't understand why I have 4 blocks in the first
place, instead of just 1.
Can I just delete this whole <parent> element and its children out of
cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml?

Thanks,
Lars