cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: How/where to create a sitemap in a generated Cocoon 3 web app?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:20:07 GMT
Simone,

The development work done on Cocoon is very much appreciated.

Last summer, I did a reevaluation of Cocoon for a company project, after
our using it for several years. I came close to switching to another
framework, mainly because of the slow pace of development and low
activity on the mailing lists over the last few years.
Three things changed my mind: 1) The release of an alpha and a beta of
C3 in fairly quick succession last July or so. 2) I couldn't find any
other framework that did the things we needed Cocoon for, nearly as well
as Cocoon! There were a couple of promising ones, but they had not
matured to full release. And 3) our org was able to hire one of the
Cocoon committers to port a database component that we needed from C2 to
C3. He did it promptly and for a very reasonable fee. It would have
taken us 10x as long to do it ourselves.

So, Mark, while I identify with your disappointment at having invested
in Cocoon and then feeling abandoned, I would say you do have clear
of the committers to get the bugs fixed (or features implemented) that
are most urgent for you. It would also give a shot of vitality into the
arm of the Cocoon dev / user community.

Lars