cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject how do I specify function parameters in the URL
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:19:06 GMT
Hi there,

I know that I can call a function with parameters using the sitemap as
for ex.:

         <map:flow language="javascript">
            <map:script src="myApplication.js"/>
         </map:flow>
         <map:pipelines>
            <map:pipeline>
               <map:match pattern="index.html">
                  <map:call function="showIndexPage">
                    <map:parameter name="paramName" value="Value"/>
                  </map:call>
               </map:match>
            </map:pipeline>
         </map:pipelines>

and:

Then in myApplication.js you would define a JavaScript function called
showIndexPage() such as:

function showIndexPage() { var param = cocoon.parameters.paramName;
sendPage("private/index.html", {param: param}); }

But how would I use this to call a function whose arguments are in the
calling URL.

Ex. say I wanted to login any user where the user's name is specified in
the URLhow could I do this?  For example if I wanted to call a function
using the user's login name that I specify in the URL (say the user is
jsmith), and I used a URL as below, how would I pass on jsmith on to the
flowscript?:

Ex.: http://myserver:8080/myApp/login/jsmith

thx.
Paul