cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Logging properties [SOLVED]
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:53:34 GMT
Sorry!

I discovered that in fact, both methods work equally well.
My understanding of log tailing in Windows was defective.

-Hugh Sparks

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hugh Sparks
  To: users cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 11:27 AM
  Subject: [C3] Logging properties

  I'm having trouble changing the logback logging level.
  I want to temporarily switch the level to INFO.

  The logback.xml file contains this construct:

      <root>
          <level value="${org.apache.cocoon.logback.loglevel:-WARN}"/>
          <appender-ref ref="CORE"/>
      </root>

  I guess this sets the level to "WARN" unless the placeholder is defined with some other
value. So I'd like to alter the value of the placeholder. First, I tried a properties file.
On the source side, I put it here:

       src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties/cocoon-logback.properties

  Containing the expression:

      org.apache.cocoon.logback.loglevel=INFO

  This had no effect.
  I'm a little fuzzy on how cocoon properties files should be named and positioned. (Pehaps
someone will reply with a quick overview?)

  Next, I put the setting in applicationContext.xml:

       <configurator:settings>
              <configurator:property
                  name="org.apache.cocoon.logback.loglevel"
                  value="INFO"
              />
       </configurator:settings>

  But I still don't see INFO messages after the initial (unavoidable?) jetty startup outburst.

  Something else is turning off the INFO setting or my attempts are misguided.

  Thanks to all who reply.

  -Hugh Sparks