cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon Forms [absolute beginner]
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:29:02 GMT
I agree. Although flowscript's continuations can be useful they do tend to claim lots of resources
and as a cocoon beginner it might make more sense to jump onto the C3 wagon from the start.
I think it offers a easier learning path although from (advanced --> writing custom components)
documentation point of view there is still some progress to be made.  Cocoon's proposition
is not so much about building advanced forms rather than being a state-of-the-art framework
for XML processing. And with C3 you can easily integrate C3 into any Java framework you already
are familiar with.

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgrosso@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:13 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon Forms [absolute beginner]

On 27/11/2011 02:57, nowbert3 wrote:
> Hi! As mentioned in the subject, Cocoon project is something new to me. While
> still exploring, I must admit I'm beginning to really like it. The question
> is simple and perhaps a little stupid, but here goes - are there any
> developed tools/editors (possibly wysiwyg) that allow simple users, with no
> xml (java) knowledge create/generate a form (actually form model, template
> etc.) directly from the web - working as some kind of cms in a more tidy
> way.

Hi,
unfortunately there is nothing about what you say above. I know that
there has been something in that direction in the past, but nothing
progressed enough to be considered usable.

Which version are you running? 2.1 or 2.2?
Anyway, if you are stepping for the first time into Cocoon fields, I'd
rather suggest you to start looking at version 3.0 [1]; despite its
alpha status, it's quite mature.
Cocoon 3.0 pushes a "minimal" approach: so for example you would deal
with proper web frameworks (like as Wicket [2], for example, for which a
cocoon-wicket integration module is available), leaving the XML
processing stuff to Cocoon pipelines.

If you are interested, there are some samples about Cocoon-Wicket
integration [3] and Cocoon-Hippo CMS integration [4].

Regards.

[1] https://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/
[2] http://wicket.apache.org/
[3]