cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Huib Verweij <huib.verw...@carthago-ict.nl>
Subject Re: [C2.2] Building from checkout fails
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:31:38 GMT
Hi Hugh,

Op 25 nov. 2011, om 11:25 heeft users-digest-help@cocoon.apache.org het volgende geschreven:

> Van: Hugh Sparks <hugh@csparks.com>
> Onderwerp: [C2.2] Building from checkout fails
> Datum: 23 november 2011 18:34:53 GMT+01:00
> Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
>

> After begin away for a short time, I find that it is no longer possible to do an svn
checkout of the cocoon trunk (2.2) followed by the build script "build.sh install".  Dozens
of errors are reported by maven. Most are related to daisy and nekodtd, but the problems are
pervasive and I'm not sure how to proceed. This situation has been true for several months.
I've tried building on Windows and Linux with similar results.

> Since no one else has reported problems of this nature with C22, it occured to me that
I'm simply "out of the game" and don't know where to check out the sources and what build
tools to use. How are things done among the successful cocoon developers?

> Details:
>
>     svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk myCocoon
>     cd myCocoon
>     ./build.sh install
>     [disaster]

I've had the same frustrating experience. I spent hours trying to correct the mess. I asked
about it on the mailing list but did not get a response. I concluded that C2.2 is an abandoned
project. If you just use the maven generated archetypes you're OK, but if you want to add
transformers etc that are in the repo you're in trouble.

I am moving on to C3.0 now and so far, it seems like a much better thought out project.

Hartelijke groet,