cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Forms [absolute beginner]
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:51:36 GMT
On 28/11/2011 10:53, Andre Juffer wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 10:29 AM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
>> I agree. Although flowscript's continuations can be useful they do
>> tend to claim lots of resources and as a cocoon beginner it might
>> make more sense to jump onto the C3 wagon from the start. I think it
>> offers a easier learning path although from (advanced -->  writing
>> custom components) documentation point of view there is still some
>> progress to be made.  Cocoon's proposition is not so much about
>> building advanced forms rather than being a state-of-the-art
>> framework for XML processing. And with C3 you can easily integrate C3
>> into any Java framework you already are familiar with.
>
> A combination you may want to have a look at is using Dojo toolkit (
> http://dojotoolkit.org/ ) on the client and cocoon's REST
> implementation on the server. From a performance point of view this is
> very efficient. Dojo does not require any knowledge of XML. It favors
> JSON (www.joson.org) instead.

Hey, this looks veeeeery interesting: do you have any running (simple)
example about this? Are you planning to write something about this?

Thanks.

>>> template
>>> etc.) directly from the web - working as some kind of cms in a more
>>> tidy

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member