cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi>
Subject [cocoon3] @Context Request request
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:28:28 GMT
I was able to resolve one or two problems. The commons fileupload FAQ
gave a hint [1]. Thus, I looked for a solution that relies on a Filter
and came across [2]. This Filter creates a HttpServletRequestWrapper
(implements HttpServletRequest) that parses the request whenever dealing
with a file upload using commons fileupload. This works very nice. I was
supposed to see two FileItems [3] (which I never got up to this point)
and this is now exactly what I get. Thus, the request is parsed properly
and everything (including the image file) is available.

However, the filter continues with

aChain.doFilter(wrapper, aResponse);

and this eventually results in an exception (listing below just the
cocoon part):

com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Missing start boundary
at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.MultipartFormDispatchProvider.processForm(MultipartFormDispatchProvider.java:91)
at
org.apache.cocoon.rest.jaxrs.container.CocoonJAXRSServlet.service(CocoonJAXRSServlet.java:60)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.ServletServiceContext$PathDispatcher.forward(ServletServiceContext.java:481)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.ServletServiceContext$PathDispatcher.forward(ServletServiceContext.java:455)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.spring.ServletFactoryBean$ServiceInterceptor.invoke(ServletFactoryBean.java:245)
com.tribc.servlet.FileUploadFilter.doFilter(FileUploadFilter.java:70)
(This is the aChain.doFilter(wrapper, aResponse);

Therefore, the request now never reaches the ImageResource.

I cannot really understand the exception. The
javax.mail.MessagingException is puzzling. I have to assume that in [2]
something is not entirely correct, as the exception only occurs whenever
the filter is employed. I do not see it. As said, the parsing appears to
work just fine. Hopefully one of you has a clue.

Thanks,
André

[1] http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/faq.html#empty-parse
[2] http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=221