cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Stevens" <insomniacpeng...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 64 bit
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:13:20 GMT
Hi Paul,

Cocoon can't be compiled in 32 or 64 bit as such; it's java so is compiled
to platform-independent java byte code.  The byte code is run on a jvm, an
architecture-specific application, and if you're using a jvm with a
"just-in-time" compiler that translates the byte code (or parts of it) to
native machine code to increase performance then that will end up running 32
or 64 bit instructions.  But it's all at runtime, nothing you can do about
when building Cocoon.

Judging by the error message, you're trying to open a path ("C:\Program
Files\Apache Software
 Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program
 Files\Apache Software
 Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\Program
 Files\Apache Software
 Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\webapps\array\webtask\cds\Test_request.xml")as a file, when
obviously the string in question is a list of 3 semi-colonseparated filenames.  Unsurprisingly,
it complains at this "The filename,directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" as
I believe semicolonsaren't valid characters in windows filenames (and unlikely to be found
evenif they were).  My guess would be an error in whatever bit of your code orsitemap is supplying
the outputFile to the XMLFragmentBean, if you can sendthe relevant bit of code I may be able
to be more specific.Regards,Andy--http://original.justgiving.com/AndyStevens-Bikeathon2011Raising
money for Leukaemia Research----- Original Message -----From: "Paul Joseph" <pjoseph@gmail.com>To:
<users@cocoon.apache.org>Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:38 PMSubject: Tomcat 64 bit>
Hi there,>> I am using a Cocoon jar (Version 2.11) file compiled on a 32 bit XP in a64
bit Tomcat (Version: 7.0.22 ) and using Java 64 bit(jre
 -6u24-windows-x64)>> It runs against a 32 bit Postgresql database (V8.4).>> It
all seems to work well unless I call some special functionality in theflowscript that has
to create a file on disk.  It then fails with the errorshown below:>> Question: do I
need to recompile cocoon in 64 bit--is that the cause ofthis error?>> Paul>>>
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache SoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program
Files\ApacheSoftware Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\ProgramFiles\Apache
SoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\webapps\array\webtask\cds\Test_request.xml(The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)>      at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native
Method)>      at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)>      at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown
Source)>      at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)>      atorg.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.XMLFragmentBean.generate
 Fragment(XMLFragmentBean.java:23)>>> The call at line 23 of XMLFragmentBean.generateFrament
is:BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter(outputFile));>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------->
users-help@cocoon.apache.org>>