cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: [cocoon3] @Context Request request
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:34:43 GMT
On 10/31/2011 01:46 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 19:35 +0200, Andre Juffer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> for processing a multipart/form-data request holding image data, I
>> intend to use the commons imageupload [1]. In order to do so, I need to
>> get access to the javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest object inside a
>> REST resource. The @Context annotation injects information about the
>> request, see e.g. [2] and also [3], but the request object should
>> implement the javax.ws.rs.core.Request interface (I think).
>>
>> How can I get to the HttpServletRequest inside a REST resource. Is there
>> a way to convert Request to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest?
>> According to [4],"When deploying a JAX-RS application using servlet then
>> ServletConfig, ServletContext, HttpServletRequest and
>> HttpServletResponse are available using @Context." But how?
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6984338/how-to-forward-from-a-jax-ws-service-to-jsp
>
> like you have

Yes, indeed. I don't have the exception though.

>> Right now, I assume
>>
>> @POST
>> public Response uploadImage(@Context HttpServletRequest request) {
>> }
>>
>> but I do not believe this is actually correct.
> It should.

Yes, it seems now that this should be the case.

>> The actual type is com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerRequest
>> (implements Request), according to request.getClass().getName().
>>
>> There is nothing in the request itself, while I see with Firebug that
>> the image file is sent to the server in the proper way.
>>
> Hmm
> http://jersey.java.net/nonav/apidocs/1.9.1/jersey/com/sun/jersey/spi/container/ContainerRequest.html
>
> did you try a simple cast before
>
> upload.parseRequest(request);
>
> ?

Actually no. But this should not work, as ContainerRequest is not
implementing HttpServletRequest, right? I have no access to my code from
where I am right now, but I will try a simple cast this evening.

Just to be sure that this is clear. The type of 'request' is
com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerRequest -only- when I use

public Response uploadImage(@Context Request request)

NOTE: if you are familiar with commons fileupload:

http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/faq.html#empty-parse

With firebug I can confirm that the image file has been sent.

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi