cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi>
Subject [cocoon3] @Context Request request
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:35:37 GMT
Hi,

for processing a multipart/form-data request holding image data, I
intend to use the commons imageupload [1]. In order to do so, I need to
get access to the javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest object inside a
REST resource. The @Context annotation injects information about the
request, see e.g. [2] and also [3], but the request object should
implement the javax.ws.rs.core.Request interface (I think).

How can I get to the HttpServletRequest inside a REST resource. Is there
a way to convert Request to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest?
According to [4],"When deploying a JAX-RS application using servlet then
ServletConfig, ServletContext, HttpServletRequest and
HttpServletResponse are available using @Context." But how?

Right now, I assume

@POST
public Response uploadImage(@Context HttpServletRequest request) {
}

but I do not believe this is actually correct.

The actual type is com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerRequest
(implements Request), according to request.getClass().getName().

There is nothing in the request itself, while I see with Firebug that
the image file is sent to the server in the proper way.

Thanks,
André

[1] http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/index.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/reference/html/webapps.html