cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: thought I had fixe it
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:43:31 GMT
On 2011-10-26 09:36, Laurent Medioni wrote:
> According to JavaDoc:
> = "How long does a continuation exist in memory since the last access?
> The time is in miliseconds, and the default is 1 hour"
> And reading the code confirms this statement.
> Laurent

which is probably not true.

Thing is: continuations are stored "chained". What i mean is :

  - user creates a first continuation in some UI processing
  - cocoon stores that continuation
  - user naviagates back and creates a new continuation
  - that new continuation is linked to the old one
  - user may navigate back to some previous continuation and start a
    branch
  - a continuation tree gets removed from memory when ALL the leaves
    expire (still I don't remember if older "root" get expired so even
    if in memory you cannot access these continuations)
  - this means you can grow continuation tree indefinitely

My knowledge is at least 4-5 years old. I advise to check the source
code of ContinuationsManagerImpl

	lg

--
Leszek Gawron                            http://lgawron.posterous.com