cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scaling problem
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:11:58 GMT
I traced the problem to the infrastructure I was using to talk to the
database--JDO (0.9)   !!

It seems the leak was there all along, but in the heavy duty use in the
64 bit environment, it became more "visible."

Have moved the database connectivity to OJB and the problem seems to
have gone away.

Thank you all for the help/info.

Paul

On 10/21/2011 9:31 AM, Nathaniel, Alfred wrote:
> Java GC tuning is something of a black art.
> The default settings are not suitable for a large servlet container, and they also depend
on the Java version.

> I don't have experience with Java7 but with jdk1.6.0_24 (SPARC Solaris) we are using:
>
> -server -d64 -XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=10M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=100M -Xms6000m
-Xmx6000m -XX:PermSize=300m -XX:MaxPermSize=300m -Xloggc:/home/online/tomcat_cocoon0a_1/logs/gc.log
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=5
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5000

> Look at the gc.log output and GC generation sizes to find out whether you have a memory
leak, too little memory, or are wasting memory.