cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: [ cocoon 3] Spring configuration
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:15:12 GMT
> On 06/10/2011 20:38, Andre Juffer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there is similar different in scope as with Cocoon 2.2 with regard
>> to the location of Spring configuration files? I am referring to
>>
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1263_1_1.html
>>
>> e.g. beans defined by some Spring configuration files in
>> /META-INF/cocoon/spring/ are globally accessible, while those in
>> /COB-INF/config/spring/ are local to the block.
>>
>> Would the same be applicable to Cocoon 3?
>>
>> I will be running three application in the same servlet container as
>> three different blocks. They will share 2 other blocks. I want to be
>> quite sure that I do not mix the beans from different blocks. My
>> first attempt resulted in app 1 reading a database of app 2, which of
>> course should not be.
>>
>> I have for each blocks a few REST resources defined. Can I have them
>> defined in a Spring configuration file in /COB-INF/config/spring/
>> (local) while they are referring to a
>> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet defined in a Spring
>> configuration located in /META-INF/cocoon/spring/ (global). Will this
>> work properly?
>
> Hi Andre, and sorry for late response.

Better late than never!

> As you can read at [1] and linked pages, Cocoon Spring Configurator is
> a subproject not directly dependent on a particular Cocoon version.
> Namely, what reported at [1] refers to the version that Cocoon 3 is
> using (check it at [2]).

Yes, this is actually true. So, in principle this all would work as
stated above. I am going to reorganize a bit the bean definitions this
evening and see that I get this work.

> Does this help?

Any response is helpful. Thanks for the reply,
André

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi