cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: cocoon 3: Javascript in jars
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:11:10 GMT
>>> I did this in another (Cocoon3-based) project: It should be enough
>>> to add a class like [1], then add a bean like as
>>>
>>> <!-- Using classpath: resources -->
>>> <bean
>>> class="org.onehippo.forge.hct.cocoon.internal.ClasspathURLStreamHandlerFactory"/>
>>>
>>> in one of spring's XMLs.
>>
>> Yes, this looks promising. So, this would mean that the following
>> would work?
>>
>> <map:match pattern="dojoroot/**">
>> <map:read src="classpath://dojoroot/{1}" />
>> </map:match>
>>
>> I will try this (later today).
>

> Hei, I am curious: did this work at the end?

Actually, looking through the code of cocoon 3, it was not clear to me
how this would work. But I will have another look to see how this work
for other readers.

In the mean time, I have looked for an alternative solution and found
one from the Dojo website at

http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.6/cdn/

So, dojo itself is stored elsewhere (some CDN) and I allow the
application to load Javascript specific to the application by defining a
module path, so that I can do for instance

dojo.require("my.appl.main")

and a main.js is loaded from the specified module path at, say,
"dojo/js/my/appl.main.js" where "dojo/js" is the module path relative to
the context. So, for now my problem is solved.

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi