cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon - Tomcat - APEX for FOP PDF printing
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:25:00 GMT
Please post to the mailing lists and not to me private.

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 08:45 -0400, Reid McKinley wrote:
> Thanks for your reply!
> I'm new to cocoon and tomcat and I'm a little confused.
>
> I'm deploying cocoon as a war file (build.sh war) in
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps of the tomcat install.
>
> Using this method of deploying cocoon with tomcat, will there be a
> sitemap by default?  Do I need to do something else to configure the
> sitemap with cocoon?
>
> As you suggested, I started cocoon with cocoon.sh and it appeared to
> start Jetty, but I wasn't able to connect to it on port 8888.  I must
> need to do some more Jetty configuration.

Hmm, seems you left out
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/introduction.html

"Cocoon uses XML as a core piece of its framework, but improves the
model to give you the tools you need and is designed to be flexible
enough to follow your current needs as well as paradigm shifts that may
happen in the future"

To get started with developing refer to
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/tracks/first-steps-track.html

Cocoon is not like a driver that you plugin and it does the fop
transformation magically, you need to tell cocoon what to do and that is
done in the sitemap.

Please see http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-explore-samples.html
and run the example to find an example on how to generate pdf from fo.

Your issue is not tomcat, but your missing understanding of what cocoon
is and can do for you.

salu2