cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Javier Puerto <jav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 3: Javascript in jars
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:35:24 GMT
2011/9/14 Andre Juffer <andre.juffer@oulu.fi>

> **
> Hi Javier,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes, your suggestion probably would work, but seems more cumbersome.
> Response returned from another block must be XML, right?

No, you can access resources from other blocks with this protocol.

blockcontext:/[block-name]/[resource-path]

ex.
blockcontext:/my-dojo-block/dojo/dojo.js

> That is, the requested javascript has to be inserted into XML with at least
> one containing element before it is send to the requesting block.
> Subsequently, the requesting block would need to create a text/javascript
> response that is send to the client. The latter can be accomplish with a
> TextSerializer. More importantly, every cocoon-based web application must
> have a block specifically for this particular purpose, which would mean more
> overhead for maintaining the software. Finally, the block serving the
> javascript would need to access javascript as well, which have to be stored
> in a directory, as indicated in my original email. I would like to avoid all
> of this, and simply read javascript from a jar (maintained centrally as a
> maven project).

Yeah, with blockcontext protocol you must define a cocoon block so this
solution will not work for you if you want to get the javascript from a jar.

> Could the developers possibly confirm that there is in fact no resource
> protocol in cocoon 3. And if so, would there be any chance for having this
> feature available in next release of cocoon 3. At least to me, this would be
> extremely useful.

AFAIK, Resource protocol is not yet implemented in Cocoon 3.

> Thanks,
> André

Salu2.