cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.2 production server configuration
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:52:58 GMT
Hi Brecht,

Just wondering how large the data is you are processing.  We have a cocoon  2.2 app running
stable with 512mb of memory. And I’m pretty sure it even uses less memory after we solved
a memory leak. Check this thread http://old.nabble.com/memory-leak-in-PoolableProxyHandler-td29023190.html

Can you perhaps isolate a single pipeline execution which would require that much memory?
If so it would be interesting to see if I can replicate this in my setup depending on the
complexity of course.

Robby

From: Brecht Schoolmeesters [mailto:brecht.schoolmeesters@zappware.com]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 10:38 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Cocoon 2.2 production server configuration

Hi,

we are currently using cocoon for transforming source xml files into xml files in a different
format. The transformations are pretty heavy because data from other xml files is inserted
and also transformed.

When using cocoon on our test server, we saw that the memory usage was peaking at around 1.1Gb
RAM. We were testing with about 10 clients sending requests every 1.5second. Is this normal
memory usage for cocoon?
We would also like some more information about the scalability. Will cocoon use a lot more
memory when a few more clients connect?

Which configuration files/settings can we change to enable cocoon to handle more requests?
We would like to be able to handle about 40requests/second at peak times.

What type of server is recommend for this type of usage? How much RAM, CPU power?

And one final question: are there any cocoon components that are optional and therefore can
be disabled? If yes, how can we check which components are optional and how can we disable
them? Will this help decrease the total memory usage?

thanks in advance,
best regards,
Brecht