cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: help needed for migrating Cocoon2.2 to Spring 3
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:13:29 GMT
Never done this myself, but I would download all source of the stable
C2.2. I would then modify all the Spring configuration files, however,
not the bean declarations, but only schema declarations, namespaces,
etc. Finally, change all Spring dependencies in all relevant pom.xml
(your cocoon applications, including those in the dependencies) to
depend on Spring 3. At this point I would not change anything else.

If you succeed with this, and your application actually works, you can
start using more recent packages for FOP, etc. I would do update each
package one by one. First update the 'simple' ones (log4j, etc). After
each change, verify that your application works.

These are rather general and probably obvious steps, I guess.

Good luck, I would bet my money on cocoon3. From what I have seen, and
for what I intend to use it for (REST-like applications), cocoon3 is
pretty ready to roll.

Best,
André

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi