cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi>
Subject cocoon 3: Javascript in jars
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:41:38 GMT
Hi,

with cocoon 2.2 one can read javascript resources residing in separate
jars like:

<map:match pattern="dojoroot/**">
   <map:read src="resource://dojoroot/{1}" />
</map:match>

(the above is for loading javascript from the dojotoolkit. I made a
separate maven project for Dojo, and make a cocoon-based project
depending on it. I have different maven projects for different versions
of Dojo.)

It seems that cocoon 3 is currently not supporting the resource
protocol? A solution would be to physically have all the Dojo javascript
located in a subdirectory dojoroot (for example), and in the sitemap
have something like

<map:match pattern="dojoroot/**">
   <map:read src="dojoroot/{1}" mime-type="text/javascript"/>
</map:match>

(as in the example web application)

However, this is inconvenient, as one would need to copy dojo to a
subdirectory for each project that requires dojo. The maven way is much
more easier and certainly more elegant, as all projects requiring dojo
are updated automatically.

My question is now: If there is no resource protocol, how can one
achieve the above?

Thanks,