cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Huib Verwey <Huib.Ver...@mpi.nl>
Subject Re: Cocoon Usage and Code Samples
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:25:58 GMT
Hi Gopu,

I've generated Excel sheets using the HSSF serializer (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xls-serializer.html),
works great. Just transform your data to the Gnumeric XML format and use <map:serialize
type="xls"/> at the end of your pipeline to have Cocoon serialize your Gnumeric XML to
a MS Excel sheet.

Regarding your second question: it's what Cocoon is about, generating content dynamically.
Every URL you can think of can be handled dynamically or mapped to a file.

I cant really parse your second question. If you want to use XML from web services as input
to Cocoon, sure, you can do that easily. Just use <map:generate src="http://your.webservice.com/blabla"/>
or use the Cinclude transformer to load XML from a URL you constructed from other input.

Hartelijke groet,

Huib Verweij.

--
Drs. Huib Verweij
Senior software developer - The Language Archive

Op 26 aug 2011, om 01:37 heeft GopuTS het volgende geschreven:

Hi,
I am new to Cocoon and wanted to evaluate it in the following perspective
for some of my projects

 Dynamic excel generation based on xml (if not cocoon, is there any better
open source framework for this)
 Dynamic UI content generation
 Can it take xml data input as web services?

There are only a few samples there in the site. If any of you can share more
samples / additional details it is really appreciable.

Thanks,
Gopu