cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi>
Subject C2.2: Accessing static method on Java object with Flowscript
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:53:07 GMT
Hi,

I am dealing with the following. An extremely useful Java class provides
a static method for completing a particular task, like

class Useful {
   private Useful() {}

   public static void someMethod(String arg1, String arg2)
   {
   }

}

In flow, I do something like

var arg1 = "test1";
var arg2 = "test2";
Packages.com.foo.bar.Useful.someMethod(arg1, arg2);

The error I get is

Java constructor for "com.foo.bar.Useful.someMethod" with arguments
"java.lang.String,java.lang.String" not found.

My question is now. How can I call a static method on a Java class, if
at all, in Flowscript. One solution is to make the constructor of the
class public (certainly not my preference).

Thanks,