cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Pls Help - Serializing images returned from web services
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 05:00:34 GMT
On 14 July 2011 18:42, insight49@gmail.com <insight49@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would someone be able to help me understand how to serialize images (or
> other binary data) returned from web services that consume posted data?
>
> I'm trying to post some data to Goggle Chart API (using CInclude
> Transformer includexml), but Google sends back an image, which can't be
> serialized. (Using Get works, but has a URL character imitation).
>
> Does someone have a serializer class for this?

If I understand you correctly, you do a POST request to Google Chart API and
it only returns the binary data for an image. This can't be serialized,
because it can't be parsed as XML to start with. [1]
What's your use case for the chart? Is it a part of a webpage or do you
include it in a PDF?

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com