cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Cocoon3 beta-1-SNAPSHOTs available
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:39:22 GMT
On 7/1/2011 2:19 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 30/06/2011 18:55, Andre Juffer wrote:
>> Simo,
>>
>> how much of Cocoon 2.2's functionality is still available in Cocoon
>> 3. Using sitemaps in the 2.2 way is actually rather convenient in a
>> number of cases. I assume that this all is still possible with cocoon 3?
>
> Hi Andre,
> the "good old way" to pipelines is still there in Cocoon 3, even
> though it is - at least at the moment - provided with less components
> (generators / transformers / serializers) that 2.1 and 2.2.
>
> To have an idea about Cocoon 3 features, I suggest you to take a quick
> look at the sources of C3 sample block [1] and C3 sample web
> application [2]: if you are familiar with 2.2, you should get easily
> into the code.
>
> Moreover, consider that archetypes are also available, so you can
> start your own block with:
>
> mvn archetype:generate \
>     -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-block \
>     -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-block \
>
> -DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots
> \
>     -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT
>
> launch it with
>
> mvn package jetty:run
>
> and access it at http://localhost:8888/
>
> Finally, C3 provides a native integration with Wicket in which you can
> use either the new (java) and old (XML) approach: look at this blog
> entry [3] for more details.
>
> Cheers.
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sample/
> [2]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sample-webapp/
> [3]
> http://chicchiricco.blogspot.com/2011/06/build-rich-xml-enabled-applications.html
>
>> On 06/30/2011 06:52 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>> Hi all guys,
>>> just to let you know that Cocoon3 beta-1-SNAPSHOTs artifacts are
>>> available on ASF snapshot repository, to start playing with them you
>>> just need to add the ASF snapshot repository[1] in your pom.xml.
>>> Enjoy and have fun, feedbacks are always appreciated!!!
>>> Have a nice day,
>>> Simo
>>>
>>> [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/

Thanks for your patience as I try to wrap my head around the conceptual
model of Cocoon blocks and Maven artifacts.

To build beta-1-SNAPSHOT artifacts, do I need to first install Cocoon
beta-1-SNAPSHOT? My guess is, no: Cocoon (beta-1-SNAPSHOT) *is* one of
the artifacts you can generate. Right?

However, when I run the above "mvn archetype:generate" command, with all
the -D options, I get the following error:

[ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there
is no POM
  in this directory (C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation).
Please verify
you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]

So generating a Cocoon block artifact requires a project / POM... what
project is that POM supposed to come from?

Or instead of using

    mvn archetype:generate

should I use

   mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
?

I tried that, and got this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1
.0-alpha-7:create (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Error
creating from a
rchetype: Archetype does not exist. Requested download does not exist.
Could not
  find artifact
org.apache.cocoon.archetype-block:cocoon-archetype-block:jar:3.0.
0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT

Unfortunately I'm stumbling in the dark.

Thanks for any help...

Lars