cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: C3 alpha-3 mvn dependency error: cocoon-optional
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:12:33 GMT
Francesco, thanks for your helpful replies.
More below...

On 7/28/2011 2:20 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> This problem - wrong version for cocoon-optional in
> cocoon-archetype-sample pom.xml - has already been fixed in version
> beta-1-SNAPSHOT. Thanks anyway for reporting - and good fix ;-)

I had tried building the beta-1 snapshot, and ran into errors there. And
since the online instructions didn't cover the beta-1 snapshot, I
decided to go with the alpha for now.

But I guess my next step is to try the beta-1 snapshot instead, and ask
for help with those errors (if different from the jersey dependency errors).

>> A similar question goes for the empty cocoon block, and the samples
>> block. I guess the empty cocoon block is a dependency for the webapp,
>> but what about the others? Do I need to add them as dependencies too?
>
> The logic behind the four available archetypes is very close to Cocoon
> 2.2 approach [1]: the typical scenario is when you have a single
> webapp, and one or more blocks implementing features. In order to
> group all these modules together, you need what you are calling
> "Super-POM" i.e.a multi-module Maven project. About this, there is an
> archetype for every kind of project: block, webapp and parent.

Thank you, this is helpful. It would be helpful to have a link to [1] in
the "Maven 2 archetypes" section of
http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/download.html. I guess this is also going
to be put into the Cocoon 3 docs around
http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/reference/html-single/index.html#webapps.system-setup