cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: C3 alpha-3 mvn dependency error: cocoon-optional
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:06:55 GMT
On 7/27/2011 2:16 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:

> But then when I try to "After running the archetype plugin, change to
> the base directory of the new module and enter 'mvn jetty:run'", I get
> an error,
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project C3samples: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project org.sil:C3samples:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The
> following artifacts could not be resolved:
> org.apache.cocoon.optional:cocoon-optional:jar:3.0.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT,
> com.sun.jersey:jersey-core:jar:1.0.3,
> com.sun.jersey:jersey-server:jar:1.0.3: Could not find artifact
> org.apache.cocoon.optional:cocoon-optional:jar:3.0.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT
> -> [Help 1]
>
> Can someone tell me what's going wrong?

OK, I see in the pom this dependency configuration for cocoon-optional:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon.optional</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-optional</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

I notice that this is the only Cocoon artifact in pom whose version ends
with -SNAPSHOT.

Is this a mistake, that I can fix by just modifying pom.xml and removing
-SNAPSHOT from the <version>?

I tried that, and reran mvn jetty:run, with the following result:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project C3samples: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.sil:C3samples:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The
following artifacts could not be resolved:
com.sun.jersey:jersey-core:jar:1.0.3,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-server:jar:1.0.3: Failure to find
com.sun.jersey:jersey-core:jar:1.0.3 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced
-> [Help 1]

Now I'm really in over my head. Searching at
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|a%3A%22jersey%22
the only artifact there named "jersey" is from group com.cedarsoft.rest,
which also has an artifact named "server". Could the project have split
"jersey-server" into two parts, and changed to a completely different
groupId?? There are no search results for an artifact named "jersey-server".

Help...
Lars