cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: C3 alpha-3 mvn dependency error: cocoon-optional
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:35:31 GMT
On 7/27/2011 2:16 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:

> I looked at the suggestions at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
> but nothing seems applicable to our situation.

Note that I'm new to maven, so I'm trying to learn it in order to be
able to work effectively with Cocoon 3.

In an effort to make troubleshooting easier and to make sure I haven't
overlooked something obvious and non-Cocoon-related:

Specifically regarding the troubleshooting suggestions above:

>  1. The POM misses the declaration of the <repository> which hosts the
>     artifact.

It's true, my C3samples/pom.xml does not have a <repository> element at
all. But mvn was able to resolve other dependencies just fine,
apparently downloading those files from a repository.
There must be a repository defined somewhere.

>  1. The repository you have configured requires authentication and
>     Maven failed to provide the correct credentials to the server. In
>     this case, make sure your ${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml contains a
>     repository to use. See the Maven Settings Reference
>     <http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Servers> for more details.

See above. Mvn was able download some dependencies, so why not
cocoon-optional? Anyway I don't think authentication is needed for
downloading Cocoon dependencies!

>  1. The remote repository in question uses SSL and the JVM running
>     Maven does not trust the certificate of the server.

Same answer as previous.

>  1. There is a general network problem that prevents Maven from
>     accessing any remote repository, e.g. a missing proxy configuration.

Ibid.

>  1. You have configured Maven to perform strict checksum validation
>     and the files to download got corrupted.

I haven't explicitly configured Maven to perform strict checksum
validation. Also if this were the problem, wouldn't I get a message
about failing checksum validation?

>  1. Maven failed to save the files to your local repository, see
>     LocalRepositoryNotAccessibleException
>     <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/LocalRepositoryNotAccessibleException>
>     for more details.

Again, I think if this were the problem, I would have the same problem
when mvn was resolving other dependencies, of which it did many
successfully before mvn jetty:run.

Thanks for any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Lars