cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject C3 alpha-3 mvn dependency error: cocoon-optional
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:16:22 GMT
Hello,

I have installed Cocoon 3.0 alpha 3, and am trying to follow the
instructions at
http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/download.html

Our goal is to set up an environment like we have with Cocoon 2.1.11,
namely, a single Cocoon instance, running multiple web apps, each
referenced by a separate URL prefix. (Or they could be called a single
web app - I don't know that it matters whether you call it one or many
web apps.)

Following the instructions under "Maven 2 archetypes" (we're actually
running maven 3, but hopefully that doesn't matter?), I was able to
"Create a Cocoon 3 block that contains the samples." That command was
successful.

But then when I try to "After running the archetype plugin, change to
the base directory of the new module and enter 'mvn jetty:run'", I get
an error,
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project C3samples: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.sil:C3samples:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The
following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.cocoon.optional:cocoon-optional:jar:3.0.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-core:jar:1.0.3,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-server:jar:1.0.3: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon.optional:cocoon-optional:jar:3.0.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

Can someone tell me what's going wrong?

I looked at the suggestions at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
but nothing seems applicable to our situation.

The full verbose error log from the mvn run that fails is available at
http://s3.amazonaws.com/larsUSbucket1/mvnerrors.log

Thanks for any suggestions...

Lars