cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Piez <wap...@mulberrytech.com>
Subject Re: uncompressed file in zip from ZipArchive serializer?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:20:55 GMT
Dear Andreas,

On 7/19/2011 4:02 AM, you wrote:
 > no, I am thinking in terms of Java coding, not just sitemap
configuration. But nevertheless the sitemap components like the
ZipSerializer are straight-forward pieces of software andeasy to expand
if you're a medium java programmer.
 > In your special caser I was thinking of extending the existing
serializer with a few more lines of code. If you don't feel comfortable
with this maybe you got some Java nerds in your project ?

Alas no, my expertise is in XML, XSLT and publishing systems, not Java.

Even if I were willing to hack the code, it wouldn't be an option I
would be comfortable with, for long-term maintenance. The production
process is run once a year (this is for the Proceedings of Balisage: the
Markup Conference), and I need its installation to be very stable, to
persist across machine and personnel changes.

What would it take to get this important extension to the ZipArchive
functionality into the core (or an analogous solution such as an EPUB
serializer that would know how to do the right thing)?

Regards,
Wendell