cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Piez <>
Subject uncompressed file in zip from ZipArchive serializer?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:55:43 GMT

I am currently using Cocoon to produce EPUB files, using the ZipArchive
serialization method.

One requirement of EPUB is that the first file in the archive, the
mimetype file, not be compressed. (It needs to be visible uncompressed
starting at byte 30 of the EPUB file.) Until I can do this my EPUBs
won't be compliant.

I don't see any way of doing this with the current zipArchive
serialization. And the page at would seem to
suggest it is not now supported OOTB. Am I stuck or do readers of this
list have any good suggestions?

Wendell Piez
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: