cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Cocoon3 beta-1-SNAPSHOTs available
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:19:48 GMT
On 30/06/2011 18:55, Andre Juffer wrote:
> Simo,
>
> how much of Cocoon 2.2's functionality is still available in Cocoon 3.
> Using sitemaps in the 2.2 way is actually rather convenient in a
> number of cases. I assume that this all is still possible with cocoon 3?

Hi Andre,
the "good old way" to pipelines is still there in Cocoon 3, even though
it is - at least at the moment - provided with less components
(generators / transformers / serializers) that 2.1 and 2.2.

To have an idea about Cocoon 3 features, I suggest you to take a quick
look at the sources of C3 sample block [1] and C3 sample web application
[2]: if you are familiar with 2.2, you should get easily into the code.

Moreover, consider that archetypes are also available, so you can start
your own block with:

mvn archetype:generate \
     -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-block \
     -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-block \

-DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots
\
     -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT

launch it with

mvn package jetty:run

and access it at http://localhost:8888/

Finally, C3 provides a native integration with Wicket in which you can
use either the new (java) and old (XML) approach: look at this blog
entry [3] for more details.

Cheers.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sample/
[2]